The forecast for Sydney is sunny but cold, again, as if we hadn’t frozen enough this week. I’ll be drawn outdoors, rugged up and ready to soak in some bone thawing autumn sun to continue my search for inspiration and ideas for both my garden design and my slowly germinating business idea. I’ll also be supporting some of my other Bizness Babes who are reaching some exciting milestones with their fledgling businesses.
There are so many things to do in Sydney to get your creative juices flowing. Here are the top 5 on my to do list for this weekend, simple though they may be, I’m hoping to have 5 big ticks by the time I sit down with a nice glass of wine on Sunday evening. Maybe I’ll see you somewhere…
1. Check out a farmers market – I’ll be heading over to the farmers market at Riverside Girls at Gladesville to stock up on gorgeous seasonal produce, and to support the Karma Soap Company. Felicity will be selling her fantastic fresh goats milk soaps – the Drama Queen has a cupcake one and loves it!
2. Go for a bush walk – Our new place backs onto the Field of Mars Bushland Reserve, and I’ve been promising to take the Drama Queen for a bush walk since we moved in, so this might be the weekend. Hopefully her cold clears up enough to make it happen.
3. Do some blog research – I’ve been trawling the blogosphere to try and find other good gardening or landscape blogs, but keep getting sidetracked, there are so many great ones out there. One that always has me giggling is Toldyah. This is another Bizness Babe who has a huge idea, and I’m sure, knowing Tania there is nothing that will stop her. Shhhh… can’t tell you too much more – but it’s very exciting!
4. Get out to the Million Paws Walk on Sunday – OK, I’m lacking one key ingredient for this one – the 4 pawed sidekick so this one might not get the tick, but what a great day for those of you with 4 legged friends to get out and enjoy the sunshine at Sydney Olympic Park. Plus you can check out Best Dressed Pets. They are a brand new business that are “Bringing back doggy style” – Go Deb!
5. Head out for a baby-cino – The Daredevil and the Drama Queen love their ‘cinos and banana bread, and one of our favourite end of weekend things to do is to head over to Balmain, check out the shops and have coffee and baby-cinos. I love spending a bit of time book browsing, and Balmain has some fantastic independent bookshops – I think you might find me in the gardening section this week!
So, what are you doing this weekend??